Sunday, March 02, 2008

Giant Sculpture in my Hometown

Nope, this one isn't mine. In 1999 Bethel, Maine, built the world's tallest snow man at just over 118 feet. Now we've built the world's tallest snow woman at 122 feet 1 inch. Here's some photos I took.

The arms are pine trees, her eyelashes are skis, the buttons and eyes are skidder tires (for those not in a forested area skidders are heavy machinery for pulling trees out of the woods), the mouth are car tires painted red. She's been named after Maine's appropriately named senator Olympia Snowe (you just can't make up something that perfect).

Click images to enlarge.

2 comments:

Aaron Vanasse said...

Ayuh! that there is a big ole snow man/woman. I'm a Mainah that has been transplanted to the south. It sure was nice to see some real snow. Thank you for posting this up. My kids loved it!! Happy snow day :)

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone he have a great blog giant sculpture in my hometown.