Saturday, May 02, 2009

Fun Supplies

Twitter is a wonderful thing, I was talking about how I wanted some old mechanical watches for parts and one of my friends put me in touch with a store that sells vintage items. I got 12 lovely but broken ladies watches.

Now what do I use these for? Well the innards get used for my steampunk cephalopods, I now have cuttlefish, octopus, and squid in this style. The cases are all quite pretty and I'm thinking of using them so make mini shadow-boxes. Whether they'll all be necklaces or if I'll use the wrist watch cases for bracelets I haven't decided yet. In any case I'm having fun taking the watches apart.

I have some ideas for switching up the steampunk cephalopods a bit. First of all a more feminine version in red an gold rather than gray and brass.

No comments: