Thursday, July 26, 2007

Baby Turtle Sculpture

I'm completely and utterly addicted to StumbleUpon. If you aren't familiar with it, StumbleUpon is a fun little social web browsing utility available as an extension for Firefox. You get to select topics you like, and click the stumble button and it sends you to a page in one of those topics that you can then give a thumbs up or down. If you want to see my thumbs up pages you can check it out my StumbleUpon page.

Now one of the topics I selected is animals. I love that topic because it usually leads to lots of pictures of animals which sometimes inspires me to sculpt something. In the past it's led to the Octopuppy. So last night I'm stumbling and this page turns up. I just couldn't resist, a hatching turtle is just too cute. I haven't decided how I want to paint it yet but here's what he looks like:

I haven't decided how to paint this little guy. I think the photos are cute but I'm not sure I like the coloring on the turtle. I think I want something more green.

No comments: