Monday, April 28, 2008

Curse of the Turtle

I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything negative about my Hatching Turtle sculpture but it just won't sell. I've now had the fourth potential sale of my turtle fall through (yes, four separate people). It's really getting funny that people seem to like my turtle enough to want to buy it just not enough to follow through.

The first time I got really excited and actually packed up the little turtle ready to be shipped out and the buyer backed out. Second and third time I got excited but both people were from outside the US so I knew the shipping cost might be a little too much to be worth it. This last time I decided I wouldn't get excited until I recieved payment, which I haven't yet.

For now turtle has a place in my display cabinet and I'm starting to think he's cursed and will be living there forever.

1 comment:

Austin Maloney said...

Awesome sculpture! I like your blog. Would you like to do a link exchange? I’m a fellow artist trying to build my ranking by getting more reciprocal links. If interested please email me at:

amaloneyart@gmail.com