Sunday, August 19, 2007

Self Portrait

Every couple weeks the Clubhouse Sculptor's Forum has a sculpting Jam. The Jam's topics have been everything from anatomy studies of feet to zombie pimps. I usually have too many projects going to do a Jam in the time frame it has, though I love checking it out to see what everyone else comes up with. However the current Jam was just too good to pass up.

I've done self portrait drawings and photos quite a few times but never sculpted one and I've been wanting to do it. The fact that the current sculpting Jam happens to be a self portrait ("Your Head on a Plate" is the actual title) prodded me into doing one now. So here is my resulting head with me for comparison, take into consideration that I've never done a portrait sculpt of anyone before.

1 comment:

Jeanne Rhea said...

Very, very nice!