Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dollar Store Find

So I was with my best friend Thursday night and on the way to her house we stopped at the dollar store. She's cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time for her crazy in-laws and the dollar store had a bunch of cooking stuff in for the holidays, she needed some pie plates and a turkey baster.

I wasn't planning to get anything until we got up by the checkout and saw these. For $1 for 4 ornaments I had to grab a package. I figure that even if my decorating fails I'm only out 25¢, some time, a bit of clay and paint. I'm thinking that the first one I do will be based on how much these look like clear bubbles. On the outside I'm going to sculpt a frog and inside suspended on some clear mono-filament will be a few little tadpoles.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog on painted marbles etc. I am very keen on clear christmas tree decorations, they can be very beautiful.

We do not celabrate Thanksgiving over here (pity,. I like the idea) but Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

Not sure I like the baby rat too much but the rest of your works is great.

Unknown said...

Hahaha! That baby rat gets the most mixed reactions of anything I've done. People either think it's cute (which I do, I've raised pet mice) or think it's really yucky.