Monday, January 21, 2008

Trying to get things back to normal.

I have my new computer up and running and it's great. It's got 1GB of RAM, 250GB harddrive, AMD dual core processor, CD/DVD burner, 19" widescreen LCD monitor. Compared to my old 8-year-old computer with it's 128MB of RAM, 15" CRT monitor, 40GB harddrive, and barely working CD Drive I'm in heaven. Almost makes me wish the old one had died sooner. I have none of the files from my old computer yet. I'm waiting on a friend of mine to come over and help me because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to messing around with hardware.

I have to say though that I now owe my parents big, I couldn't afford a new computer and they know how important it is for me to have one to get the word out about my sculpting so they bought this one for me on the condition I teach my dad how to use a computer. His current expertise consists of playing solitaire and the internet is a mystery to him so I've got a ways to go.

Noadi's Art is still down and I haven't heard anything from Cy about it. If it doesn't come back up soon I'm not sure what I'm going to do aside from look into buying hosting and registering my own domain. I'm going to give it until the end of the week and then I'm going to have to make some decisions about that. Any advice or recommendations would really be appreciated, leave it in the comments or drop me an email.

2 comments:

KG Finfrock said...

http://www.etsy.com/
Try this if you are looking for a place to sell your sculptures. Like Ebay, kindof, but better.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I've been considering Etsy for a while but they require a credit card which I don't have. I need to talk to my bank abotu setting one up soon.