Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Big News

I got the apartment I was looking at. Let the packing commence! I'll be moving in April 1st and I'm so excited. Complete independence at last.

It's in this great funky old building right in the middle of South Paris, Maine. I'll have photos to share soon. I'm not terribly far from my parents, about a 20 minute drive, and I have friends and family in town too. Most everything I need is within walking distance, including art galleries (actually one is just downstairs from my place), the library, post office, stores, etc. It's been really hard networking with other artists living in a very rural area depending on my parents for transportation because I can't drive (vision issues) so being in an area with galleries, art groups, classes, etc is going tp be fantastic.

2 comments:

Cat said...

That's wonderful to find a location so central to your needs! I hate to drive and didn't really make myself do it until I was 30 and had my first child. I like public transportation and cabs so much better but I live in the middle of nowhere now..so I suck it up and drive. I can't can't to see pics. I love old buildings!

Drink Deep Records said...

Hi nice reeading your blog