Sunday, July 15, 2012

Clay Withdrawal

When I started my self-imposed vacation from all things clay I didn't realize I would go through sculpting withdrawal. I keep looking longingly at my supply of polymer clay. I know I need this break and time to focus on drawing an painting so I'm going to stick with it for the remaining 3 weeks. I am allowing myself one concession: I can work on sculpture and jewelry concepts as long as I'm only sketching ideas and not actually working with clay.

 In related news I started up a new blog on Tumblr that is only for my WIPs so I have a central place for posting them. Go check it out. I'll be posting progress shots of my work, 2d for now and sculpture and jewelry once the clay vacation is over along with notes on the process and answering questions if I get any.

I've finished a couple paintings and some more Bargue plates over the last week. The paintings are up in my Etsy shop.
Life at a Thermal Vent - 4"x4" acrylic painting on canvas board.
Orange Cuttlefish - 7"x5" watercolor
Bargue Plates 5-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been a graphic artist artist for around 5 years now. So i'm seriously new to running a blog and come across your website while looking for design blogs and forums. I want to point out how stimulated I am with all your expertly written content as well as the general level of quality of your blog. I hope I can produce a blog just like your site and will think about your blog posts with great focus. Thanks a lot for the ideas mate.
My site ; australian artists art

Unknown said...

Thank you! I took a look at your site and your work is gorgeous. Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions about blogging.